Wednesday, 15 May 2013

First Dark Elf Completed

Well I've managed to finish my first Dark Elf model, an Avatars of War Dark Elf Sorceress. I definitely enjoyed painting this model and am reasonably happy with the results.I used the GW Dark Elf and Tanned Skin schemes for most of the model but still have to figure out a few of the other colours I want to use. In particular I'm not sure I like the scabbard or hilt of the sword but am not sure what to do with them.

Full Frontal view, you can just see the green eyes of the Dragon.

Another shot which I feel shows the hair quite well.

I was trying to get a shot that showed the right eye.

The rear shot which is a bit over-exposed. I'm not happy with the sword hilt and scabard.
One of my favourite shots, the eyes are large but look alright in the context of the model as a whole.

I'm looking forward to moving this paint scheme onto some of my Witch Elves. The other thing I've realised is that I need a better camera (currently using an iPhone 4) to really capture these guys for the net. All in all I'm happy with the job done and feel that it's one of the best models I've ever done (I'm only a novice when it comes to painting). I took my time on the model and actually enjoyed the process. There are still parts I'm not happy with such as the eyes and the choice of some colours. Anyways thanks for reading and keen to hear your feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Tits out for the boys! Sheeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mate - but you cant take those to a tournament I mean it will drive the gamers nuts having almost real boobies flashing around like that...

    ReplyDelete