Tuesday, 14 May 2013

The Wandering Orc Approaches........

Another month, another tournament as I head off to The Wandering Orc this weekend up in my home-town of Tauranga. This is a 2400 point tournament playing straight out of the book Warhammer so there is potential for it to descend into a filth fest pretty quickly. I had originally meant to take my Orcs and Goblins but the requirement to paint up another dozen models inside a week when I had a major assignment due meant that I've had to settle for my fluffy lizards.

Slann - BSB, Standard of Discipline, Focused Rumination, Focus of Mystery, Soul of Stone, Becalming Cogitation, Plaque of Protection, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, Lore of Metal

Scar Vet - Cold One, Light Armour, Burning Blade, Potion of Speed, Dragonbane Gem, Charmed Shield
Scar Vet - Cold One, Dragonhelm, Dawnstone, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
Skink Priest - Dispel Scroll
Skink Priest - Cube of Darkness

20 Saurus Warriors - HW/Shield, Muso+Standard
10 Skink Cohorts - Muso
10 Skink Cohorts - Muso
10 Skink Cohorts - Muso
10 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins/Shields
10 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins/Shields
10 Skink Skirmishers - Javelins/Shields

6 Camo Skinks
6 Camo Skinks
6 Camo Skinks
3 Terradons
3 Terradons
3 Terradons

2 Salamanders
1 Salamander

So a very fluffy list where a lot of lizards have gotten together who are pacifists and as such hate fighting in combat or letting the enemy cast. In fact they hate warhammer. I've gone with a party Slann in order to be able to totally lock down my opponent's magic phase and since I've been finding that my Metal Slann does the lion's share of casting recently. The Saurus are also back in to provide some backbone for the army and a 3rd unit that can hold up the enemy in combat.

Beer - My Greatest Ally!


The event is not a large one (14ish) and is mostly attended by Tauranga locals, though a few Aucklanders are coming down including Warhammer Celebrity contender James Brown. I'm going for a podium at this tournament and hopefully my sobriety and the Aucklanders drinking come together to make for an easy run. Seriously my goal is as always, to get a good enough score to keep moving up the WHFB rankings and have a good time.

4 comments:

  1. It's ok, It'll be easier for you for me not there stealing your limelight.

    Good luck Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's a large shadow, and I'm a small man.

      Delete
  2. Fuck me how many points is that Slaan?

    ReplyDelete